Monday, March 12, 2007

Team Unity


The election fever was felt even more in Bohol that day when the Team Unity senatoriables came to visit Bohol last March 10-12, 2007. Team Unity is the first senatorial bets line-up that came (as a team) to visit and campaign in Bohol.They wowed the Boholano crowd during their rally and their campaign sorties all around the province island.

Last Sunday, March 11, 2006, my Dad asked me to join him with my Mom during the dinner at the Bohol Tropics Resort Club with the Team Unity senatoriables. And of course, I went, together with my daughter -Karla.

Me, my daughter and my Mom were seated at the front table facing the presidential table where the senatoriables and top Bohol local officials were seated. My Dad was seated with them.

I had fun posting for pictures with some of the senatoriables. Of course, it's election time so they are more than willing to pose for a pictures with anyone.
With Migz Zubiri, picture taken a day earlier. Miguel "Migz" Zubiri is the guy wearing green all the time ( I bet he bought at least 2 dozens of forest green Lacoste t-shirts for his official uniform for the entire campaign period). I heard him speak that night and he can well speak in bisaya as he is from Bukinon.




When I entered the Bohol Tropics Resort Club Grand Ballroom I saw Senator Ralp Recto and oh boy, he is very good looking and I approached him and asked to post for a picture with him and he willingly said 'yes'! Posing for a picture with him felt like I was Vilma Santos (hahahhaha).

My daughter was so eager to have a picture taken with Senatoriable Pitchay. We only see him on TV with his very catching TV commercial "Itanim si Pitchay sa Senado". I was surprised to learn that he speaks very good bisaya too. He is from Surigao.

Senator Tito Sotto and former senator Tessie Aquino-Oreta with senator Ralph Rector were at the front chatting and I shamelesslly approached them to ask for a picture with them too.

We stayed until the dinner meeting was over and before everybody was gone, I caught-up with Senator Edgardo Angara and introduced myself. And since we are inviting him to be a guest speaker on March 20, 2007, Sen. Angara told me that we will be seeing each other again on the 20th.

Others present during the affair were senatoriables Vic Magsaysay, Sultan Kiram, and Mike "Tol" Defensor. However, I missed having pictures with them too. The night was so busy with all of them trying to shake hands and pat shoulders with almost everyone present in the hall.

I really missed having picture with our very own Boholano senatoriable Cesar Montano. The day before, although I was only a few meters away from him, I didn't insisted on having a picture taken with him because there were too many people crowding around him. The closest picture I took of him was when he was on stage, waving to his fellow Boholanos. He was not present in the dinner meeting, although my sister texted me that Cesar Montano had dinner with his team at her restaurant at Cainget Fish Grill & Restaurant.

No comments: