Wednesday, March 21, 2007

De La Serna for Congressman?


Atty. Victor dela Serna, has been very vocal with on his demands for transparancy of the personal bank accounts of the incumbent congressmen - Cong. Edgar M. Chatto of the 1st district; Cong. Robert Cajes of the 2nd district; and Cong. Eladio Jala of the 3rd district. This time, talks is getting hot that Atty. Victor dela Serna himself is considering of joining the election arena by challenging Congressman Edgar M. Chatto.

A few days ago, a local radio station (DYRD) conducted a random survey among the local residents of Tagbilaran City. The survey was asking the radio listeners if they were infavor of De la Serna running for Congress. The survey resulted that most of the listeners (over 70%) are in favor that De la Serna will challenge Cong. Chatto.

A day after that radio survey was done, I saw Atty. De la Serna with the Boy Guingguing of the Bohol Sunday Post and Atty. Isabelo Sales at the coffee shop at the mall. I passed by them and Atty. de la Serna called my name. Since I was in a hurry, I just said "Hi and Hello" and waved to them. I wish I dropped by and ask him some words about the survey result.

Anyway, let's wait and see if he will really file for candidacy and indeed run for the congressional elections.

1 comment:

Concerned Bol-anon said...

I do hope De La Serna wins..he has ably represented Bohol during the 1972 Congressional Convention and maybe it's high time someone steps up and do something about the blatant graft and corruption in this country.